IMPORTANT: BY USING OUTLOCKS’ (“COMPANY” OR “WE”) SOLUTIONS AND/OR WEBSITE AT https://www.outlocks.com, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY OF THE SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, TOOLS, FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY AVAILABLE ON THE
WE DEFINE “PII” TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also read OUTLOCKS’ End User License Agreement, which describes the terms under which You use our Services.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Services, We may collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
1.1. Information You Provide. For some features of the Services We ask You to provide PII, including: full name, profession, phone number, email address, home or business address, ID, employee ID number, user ID through which You accessed or registered to the Services, in-app location tracking, and/or Services’ codes/passwords, etc.
1.2. Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that You provide with information that is received from third parties. If You interact
with any social media, active directory or other third party plug-in in the Services, We may receive information from the respective platforms
1.3. User Communications. When You send email or other communication to the Company, We may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may send You push notifications to send You news and updates in respect of the Services. We may also send You newsletters and promotional communications, You may opt-out of this service at
any time by submitting a request at the following mail: email@example.com
1.4. Aggregated Personal Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Company may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Company may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify You personally. Company may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
1.5. User Information. When You use our Services, We may automatically receive and record information from your device and browser, including without limitation, your IP address, internet service provider, search history, type of browser, your regional and language settings, software and hardware attributes, IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers) identifiers (for iOS devices)) We may use your location (city) (if You have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data) to learn how to adjust and personalize your use of the Services. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services, including without limitation, which Services and their components were operated, times, locations and means of operation. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII that We collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
2. Cookies. In order to collect the data described herein, We may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser until the Company’s Services are removed, in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser. Most browsers may allow You to block cookies, but You may not be able to use some features of the Services if You block them. You may set most browsers to notify You if You receive a cookie (this enables You to decide if You want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs”, are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
4. Children. If You are a child under the age of 13, You must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 13 without said parental consent. If You have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and We will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
5. Information Sharing. As part of providing the Services, our affiliates, agents, representatives and third party providers may have access to your PII. The Company may also share PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; (b) if We become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and/or (c) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm or to enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
6. Information Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
8. Mobile device. As long as you are using any OUTLOCKS mobile application, you agree to receiving SMS messages from OUTLOCKS Access Management software for the purposes of multi-factor authentication, registered notifications and other information regarding your activity. Message frequency depends on your activity.
9. Your Rights.
9.1. Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII We collect about You and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which We collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However, We may first ask You to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
9.2. Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
9.3. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
9.4. Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, You have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
You may exercise the above rights by sending a request the e-mail address provided above.
9.5. Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
country and may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. If there is a transfer of your PII outside the EEA We will, in the absence of an EC Adequacy decision relevant to the destination country or to the transfer, seek to rely on appropriate safeguards such as a valid Privacy Shield certification (in the case of a data transfer to a Privacy Shield certified US recipient): https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome), or enter into appropriate EC approved standard contractual clauses (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm).
If You wish to delete all information regarding your use of the
Services, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that We are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that Company does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals
Last Date Updated: September 2022